Produced by prominent Miami-based, live events productions company, EngageLive!, “Christmas Wonderland” is scheduled to run from November 16, 2023 – January 7, 2024 at Tropical Park in Miami.
“As a global city it was time for Miami to have a world-class, holiday destination, and ‘Christmas Wonderland’ is the pinnacle of holiday experiences – all in one place,” said Tony Albelo, CEO, EngageLive! “Guests will enjoy a unique combination of the expected and the very unexpected, with holiday traditions and innovative, contemporary elements, including highlighting the diversity of Miami-Dade County in a dynamic and remarkable way.”
The centerpiece of Christmas Wonderland is Tinsel Trail, a beguiling, half-mile stretch of holiday displays, light shows, and immersive experiences. Guests will encounter six unique “worlds” as they stroll through the park, each with its own theme, sights, sounds, and activities. They are:
- HoliDade – A celebration of Miami-Dade County’s diversity, people, culture, and neighborhoods with more than a dozen Instragrammable locations, along with exhibits by award-winning designer and creator of the Museum of Ice Cream, Moyano Productions.
- SweetStreet– The popular boardgame comes to life through a whimsical explosion of color, candy, cookies, and sweets. Visitors can grab something warm at Mrs. Claus’ Bake Shop or make their own gingerbread creation at Ginny’s Gingerbread Lab.
- ToyTown– Everyone gets to be a kid again with the Elf Brigade and larger-than-life toys. Children can enjoy kid-sized rides and build their own ornaments at Pinky’s Ornament Workshop.
- Artic Delight–Enter through a wall of snow and enjoy the sensation of winter. Adults can stop by the Ice Bar for a cold refreshment as kids explore displays and activities.
- Town Square – An affectionate throwback to holiday evergreens with Tony’s Tree Lot, a classic Christmas truck, the hometown feel of Main Street and fireside Storytime with Mrs. Claus for kids.
- Santa’s Village – Check out the reindeer at the stables, see what the elves are up to, and make sure to visit the Big Guy himself and grab a commemorative Santa photo, a must!
Once an hour, the entire Trail goes dark and syncs up for Light Up the Night a spectacular combination of lights and music that fills the entire park, uniting all visitors through one simultaneous shared experience.
Another event highlight is the Magnificent Midway, a collection of 40 top rides in the country, including the largest traveling Ferris wheel in North America, “Eye in the Sky,” which towers more than 150-feet and allows guests to see for miles from this “Christmas Wonderland” exclusive. Completing the midway experience is a plethora of delicious carnival food. Nestled within the Magnificent Midway is a first-in Miami experience, the IG’loo 360-Dome. The 3D-mapped immersive adventure will surround you with sights and sounds for the ride of your life.
Complementing non-stop, immersive offerings at Christmas Wonderland is a lineup of world-class entertainment with three scheduled shows each night:
- Holiday Hijinx – A dynamic duo that will thrill the audience, with one member performing holiday-themed antics and aerial feats that defy gravity and physics and the other who will delight with acrobatics and comedy. (Daily Shows at 6:30 pm).
- WonderCirque– A world-class troupe of artists performing cirque-style acts using their bodies, hoops, balance boards, and swords. (Daily shows at 8:30 pm).
- The Christmas Ball of Thrills! – Death-defying motorcycle riders promise to dazzle as they race inside the giant ball, crisscrossing and missing each other by mere inches. (Daily Shows at 7:30 pm and 9:30 pm).
Online ticket pricing starts at $29 for children 3 to 10, adults at $39 for ages 11 and up, and free admission for infants 2 and under. Prices do not include taxes and fees. Free parking on the property with complimentary shuttles. For tickets and more information, please visit: website.