International Ocean Film Festival Fundraiser
Thursday, Jun 8, 2023 from 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM - English
Celebrate World Ocean Day and 20 years of ocean-inspired films and enjoy a special presentation by world-renowned marine artist and conservationist Dr. Guy Harvey and Guy Harvey Foundation CEO Jessica Harvey.
Guests will have the chance to participate in a raffle and silent auction to support the Guy Harvey Foundation's education and outreach efforts in partnership with Deerfield Island and Sullivan Park and help raise funds to provide Broward County students with hands-on STEAM experiences.
- 30 (Student Admission)/$50 (General Admission) - Includes popcorn, beverage and intermission presentation by Dr. Guy Harvey and Jessica Harvey.
- $150 (VIP Admission) - Includes VIP film seats, popcorn and drink, plus a cocktail hour with Dr. Harvey and Jessica Harvey after the films.
List of Short Films:
- Huff (Dir. David Mangum | USA | 7 min.)
- Rise of the Clambassador (Dir. Alexander Davidowski | USA | 8 min.)*
- The Shark with a Thousand Names (Dir. Hendrik Sebastian Schmitt | Germany | 18 min.)**
- Blue Carbon (Dir. Paul Nicklen) | USA | 3 min.)
- Bottle Cap (Dirs. Marie Hyon & Marco Spier | USA | 5 min.)
- Seagrass for Sea Change (Dir. Whitney Beer-Kerr | Australia | 12 min.)
- Hypnotise (Dir. Ste Everington | Australia | 4 min.)
- Deep Look: Skeleton Shrimp Use 18 Appendages to Feed, Fight and Frolic (Dir. Mike Seely | USA | 5 min.)
- Robots in the Deep (Dir. Leo Richards | UK | 13 min.)*
*World premiere. ** Includes live performance.
Embassy Suites by Hilton Deerfield Beach Resort & 950 S. Ocean Dr., Deerfield Beach, FL 33441 (Map)